5 Important Supplements To Keep Yourself Healthy & Fit
Due to our current lifestyle or our unhealthy eating habits, most of us have stopped taking care of our health for good. While an active lifestyle, sound sleep, and stress-free are important to stay healthy, so is the need to ensure proper nutritional intake through diet, and if your diet fails to meet your nutritional needs, then taking the help of supplements to ensure the proper functioning of the body is not a bad idea.
Wondering how to get started? Well, here is a list of 5 common supplements that can help you to keep up with your diet as well as overall health. Remember supplements are just an alternative and not a replacement for a healthy, balanced diet. So do consult your doctor before you plan to take any supplements.
- Lactic acid bacillus for a healthy gut: Lactic acid bacillus, also known as the good bacteria, is one of the key factors that not only improve digestion but also keep your gut healthy.
- Melatonin to fix your sleep woes!: Adding melatonin to your diet can help you to cut down on these woes and help you sleep like a baby. This is because melatonin is a hormone that is responsible for the sleep-wake cycle.
- Vitamin D3 to fix your bones: Vitamin D3 is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps the gut to absorb calcium from food and the body maintain adequate levels of calcium and phosphorus — two minerals essential for bone health. It also helps in cell growth, immune function, inflammation, and neuromuscular functions.
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) powers the mind and body: Vitamin B12 boosts metabolism and increases your energy level by converting foods into energy. So supplementing your diet with this nutrient can help correct the nutritional deficiency of Vitamin B12 and improve the symptoms of anemia.
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) ‘care for your skin and hair: Also known as Vitamin H, it is one of the few B-complex vitamins that are needed for hair growth, strong nails, and glowing skin.
July 29, 2023